Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Replacement Toilet Lids and Seats - Dual-flush toilets may not be suitable for the elderly - This Old Toilet 800-658-4521


Image result for dual flush toilet


For the elderly, dual-flush toilets can be confusing (Needy households to get new toilets for free; June 9).
If they press the wrong flush button, they have to flush again.
If they underestimate how much water is needed to flush away their waste, they may have to flush a second, or even third, time.
Assuming two half-flushes are used, this works out to nine litres of water, which is the same as the traditional toilet.
If they use the full flush all the time, it is as good as not saving water at all.
Maintaining a dual-flush toilet is also a problem.
The dual-flushing mechanisms of these toilets make them more difficult to maintain, compared with a traditional toilet.
This can lead to more costly repairs down the road.
Without proper care, the buttons may pop out and malfunction.
While it is easy to find spare parts for traditional toilets, dual-flush toilets require users to replace the entire set, which is costly.
Dual-flush toilets are less powerful than traditional ones, even in full-flush mode. Flushing will not always get rid of all the waste. Hence, more water will be needed when users clean their toilet.
Clogging is also common, especially when the dual-flush toilets are installed on old sewage systems that were not designed for them.
Older plumbing in older homes may have developed sags, dips and other problems that prevent a dual-flush toilet from working properly.
One common problem in dual-flush toilets is water constantly running, even though the tank should be completely full. Thus, water is wasted.
It is not cheap for an elderly person to engage a plumber.
Furthermore, it many be difficult for the elderly and the disabled to press buttons to flush the toilet, compared with using a lever, as more force is required.
Water-efficient devices like wash basins and kitchen sink taps actually cause users to use more water because the slower the water flows, the longer time is needed to wash hands and dishes.
Let us not be penny wise and pound foolish.
source: http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/dual-flush-toilets-may-not-be-suitable-for-the-elderly

By Francis Cheng


http://www.thisoldtoilet.com
by

1 comment:

  1. I had absolutely no symptoms or warnings that I had cancer. In March 2007 I suddenly felt like I had diarrhea but it was all blood and I went to the ER. I bled profusely through the rectum for an hour or so until they got it stopped. The doctor did a colonoscopy and found a stage II cancer, i was devastated when my doctor broke the sad news to me because i thought that was the end for me because i have heard so much news about how cancer have stolen away the lives of patients. With time i developed a 'belly' when all my life my abdomen was flat. I was still in my search for a cure after undergoing chemo and radiation thrice Until a friend of mine directed me to doctor Amber and advised me to try alternative medicine, which i did because then my doctor was no longer helpful at all and i had given up on myself. I got the herbal medicine which was relatively small in size, which i took for 10 weeks. For the past two and half years, I have had two additional colonoscopies and two CT scans, plus blood tests. So far, no recurrence, i am indeed really grafeful to GOD and Dr.Amber who stood by me and made all this happen through his medicine. Never give up hope and if you find yourself in the situation i was some years ago you can also contact him too via his personal email drambermurray@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete